14 people, mainly adult students of DomSpain, active in volunteering and non-formal education, participated in these 6 sessions of Carbon Coversations. Some of them expressed their interest in participating in the Training of Facilitators in order to facilitate their own groups in Reus or in their villages of the Province of Tarragona.
The sessions were organised as follows:
1st session: Introduction
- Introduction of the course, main objectives and aims and responsibilities of the students.
- What is climate change
- Materials and structure of the course
- Ice-breaking activities and related to the topics such as global warming, how to save energy…)
2nd session: Home and energy
- The meaning of home
- Planning for a low-carbon house
- Get to know your house. Practical actions – “Good Housekeeping”
3rd session: Travelling and Transport
- What’s the problem with transport and travel?
- Get to know your journeys
- What do we transport and how
- Production and transport of goods
4th session: Food and Water
- Food worries and connected problems
- CO2 in the food (production, processing, packaging, transport)
- Easy steps to a healthy low-CO2 diet
5h session: Consumption and Waste
- Environment and economics
- Meeting basic needs
- Throwing things away
6th session: Planning for change
- Practical actions – “Collective Actions”
- Options for low-carbon transport
Mila: It was my first time participating in a project of this kind. I have found it extremely interesting and I am determined to continue involved in it. I will for sure attend further activities of the project.